Do you have a date for the full release?
Singles: a PAIRS Story [DEMO]
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Set four years after the events of Pairs...
An Artificial who finds herself having to prove herself in a world set against her kind.
A Venori-born Naian who detects something evil in the wind.
They couldn't have more different backgrounds, but when circumstance traps them on a deserted island, they find themselves having to work together to save the world... and maybe even find something blossoming between them along the way.
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Romance
- 6 chapters (3 chapters for each perspective)
- 22k in words
- 2 Main Characters
- Original Art
- You do NOT have to play PAIRS to understand Singles... but it will definitely enrich the experience!
- It's called Singles because unlike Pairs, which is about existing couples, these two characters have no past history.
- The demo covers both perspectives up to their very first meeting, meaning it does not actually cover the island bits yet. Sorry about that.
- Projected release is *BBZZTT* *TTCHHHS* S I G N A L ---- L O S T - - - - -
Questions You Can Answer If You Want:
1. Which character appealed most to you (either in appearance or personality)?
2. What do you think the black flowers are?
3. Did you play the first Pairs game? If so, did you like the cameos?
4. Any questions or commentary?
- Unzip the folder.
- Open the unzipped folder.
- Double-click the Singles file to launch the game.
Thank you for downloading Singles!
For more content set in this universe, download PAIRS for free!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The demo crashes for me on Linux on both of my systems. This happened to me on Solus and Linux Mint. When I try to run it from Terminal manually I get the error:
"Error of failed request: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
Major opcode of failed request: 2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
Serial number of failed request: 168
Current serial number in output stream: 168"
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X | 16GB DDR4-3000 CL15 | MSI RX 580 8GB Gaming X | Mesa 18.1.6 | Solus 3 | Kernel 4.18.5-90.current
AMD FX-8350 | 16GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon HD5450 1GB | Mesa 18.0.5 | Linux Mint 19 | Kernel 4.15.0-34.generic
Thank you for letting me know! That's the first time I've heard of this error... I can't test it unfortunately as my system is Apple so I tried repackaging it. Maybe something got corrupted the first time? I can't be certain but I did re-upload a new version. Please try with this version and let me know if you're able to play it.
So it still crashes at launch. I did a fresh download both from the Itch.io app and the website and it crashed on both. When I tried running from the app the error message was the same but I chose to examine the issue and got an error log. It is longer than the character limit of Itch here. Any way I can send you a .txt file ?
1. Honestly, I like both of them who (for some choices) shares a kind of sarcastic and calculated model. But, maybe because of the closer gender type and similar background of some distance with family members, I sympathize and like Karetha/Wildtamer better.
2. Hmm.... Intepreted from Nhivas's perspective, I assume those black flower are kind of biological weapon once encoutered by Naian in their previous war and seems replanted by the villain? or could they be, in my wild imagination, actually part of Hysteria's own mutant body so her ability could be actually spreading and control the seeds/the black flower animatedly? Or.... maybe those flower just a hypotetical aproach to subtler message of humanity? (nah, the last one seems unlikely for the superhero theme :'v)
3. Yeah, and I shed tears of happiness just from seeing Ricardo and Naiya again, and of course from the mention of each pair's further relationship development (James is CLAIMED!!! Ricardo and Dragon moving together!! MY LOVELY CHILDREN HAVE THEIR HAPPY ENDING BEFORE DISTURBED BY "SINGLES" RELEASE :'D)
4. This is a pretty promising story of how they will coup with responsibility, idealism, and reality of each own circumstance. I'll be here cheering for the final version ^^
1. Karetha in both. I like her complicated personality.
2. Doesn't look like they're harvested, so maybe the important thing isn't the blossom but the root system that kills its host? Like a parasite. Doesn't seem to propagate after blooming so far.
3. I did play the first Pairs game and I enjoyed the cameos. Particularly Mei getting a sprite.
4. Nope, looking forward to the full release, having enjoyed Pairs and this demo so much.
1. Karetha is interesting. She is hero. But Hero's live isn't easy. And people can be ungrateful and cruel. And some eventsmade her life even more complicated.
2. Some misterious, evil , poisonous, killing plants with black petals and evil villain (Hysteria) use it
3. yes and yes. ♥ Noija ♥ (I've seen her on your screenshots but no in demo T_T )
4. No, maybe later.
1. Karetha is pretty cool! I'm glad you like her!
2. Haha, thanks for your guess. ; v ;
3. Karetha and Noiya have no relationship, so Noiya only appears in Nhivas' storyline early on in the story. Each character has a different background, so they have different stories. I recommend playing both sides of the pair for the full story! ^^